I’m not the Kota Capper you should be tailing when it comes to NBA plays but I’m hoping with the start of this new blog series that will change. Each day, we’ll recap how our NBA handicappers did the night before and give out two plays that will include a juice play of the day.
My Pick for Monday, November 14
Pistons +1.5 1Q (1.1u to win 1u)
Detroit has been a first-quarter auto fade this season. The Pistons are 2-12 (-11.25u) against the spread in the opening quarter of games this season and that’s dead last in the league by a mile. Now Toronto hasn’t been great either as they are 4-10 (-6.95u) in the first-quarter this season. This will also be the Raptors third road game in a row and add in the fact that they’ve trailed after the first-quarter in their last four road games gives me confidence that Detroit can get right out the gate at home tonight.
- Note: Cade Cunningham is out for today’s game.
Juice Play of the Day for Monday, November 14
Bucks -160 1H (1.6u to win 1u)
Milwaukee does have a good chunk of players on today’s injury report but Grayson Allen (illness) and Giannis Antetokounmpo (knee) are probable for Monday’s contest against Atlanta. I like the Bucks in this spot today on the money line in the first-half for two reasons:
- These two teams played on Nov. 7 with Atlanta getting the 117-98 win despite Milwaukee leading 58-52 at halftime. The Bucks have been solid in the first-half of games this season (9-2-1), while the Hawks are a bottom three team in league on the money line in the first-half (5-8, -6.8 units).
- Note: Atlanta is also 3-10 ATS in the first-half of games this season – tied for a league worst with the Clippers.
- Atlanta also dominated that Bucks behind in the second-half last Monday. The Hawks outscored the road team 65-40 and held Milwaukee to 18 fourth-quarter points. The Bucks should be pissed about that finish and come out in the first two quarters and take care of business.
Trend to Pay Attention To
Home dogs (ATS) are hitting at a 60.8 percent clip (45-29-1).
No picks were made on Sunday.
- @djlo4422: 21-10 (+9.94u)
- @KotaCapperBeast: 16-7 (+8.04u)
- @Bruss35: 22-16 (+3.98u)
- @PumbaCakes: 20-17 (+2.77u)
- @Jake_Hazen31: 29-24 (+1.33u)
- @KotaCapperKyle: 16-15 (-2.17u)
- @DonThomasMiller: 17-24 (-4.07u)
- @KotaCapperPace: 12-22 (-10.91)
- @LocksJake: 13-36 (-13.94u)