Updated: 1:10 p.m. with lines
We are under a week away from Selection Sunday with the First Four games being played on March 16 and 17. But I don’t want to get ahead of myself as we have two conference tournaments (Big South and Horizon) starting on Tuesday.
🏀2/28 betting recap🏀
Over: 10-10 (no total for St. John's/Marquette)
Minnesota +120 #GamblingTwitter #ncaaw
— Whoopin’ Bets (@WhoopinBets) February 28, 2022
Today, however, we have some regular-season games on the schedule. We know that late in the season some teams have more to play for than others. That’s just a fact and we see that on today’s betting board.
Maryland-Eastern Shore @ Morgan State (4 p.m. CT)
- Morgan State is still fighting for postseason position. The Bears are tied for second in the conference.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore is likely to remain in its fifth spot.
North Carolina Central @ Norfolk State (4:30 p.m. CT)
- Norfolk State -17.5
- North Carolina Central ML (+1700)
- Over/under 120.5
- Norfolk State is playing for at least a share of the MEAC regular-season title.
- North Carolina Central is in seventh place in the MEAC standings. They need one win this week to have any shot at moving up but they are 2-10 in conference play and they are 1-13 on the road this season.
South Carolina State @ Howard (4:30 p.m. CT)
- Howard -21.5
- Over/under 124.5
- Howard needs to win this contest to stay ahead of Morgan State for the No. 1 spot in the MEAC.
- South Carolina State is 4-8 in the MEAC with a 2-8 road record.
Delaware State @ Coppin State (4:30 p.m. CT)
- Never say never but Coppin State is two games back of No. 1-spot in the MEAC with two games to play. One of those games comes at home against second-place team Morgan State.
- Delaware State is 0-12 in MEAC play and is winless on the year.
- There most likely won’t be a line for this game.
Hartford @ UMass Lowell (5 p.m. CT)
- UMass Lowell -13.5
- Hartford ML (+1100)
- Over/under 122.5
- Hartford clinched a spot in the America East conference tournament for the first time since 2018-19.
- UMass Lowell has already secured the fifth seed in the America East conference tournament.
Jackson State @ Prairie View A&M (5:30 p.m. CT)
- Jackson State -17.5
- Prairie View A&M ML (+1700)
- Over/under 136.5
- Jackson State has the No. 1-seed locked up in the SWAC and with a win moves to 16-0 in conference play.
- Prairie View is third in the SWAC West and 1.5 games out of first-place. Expect PVA&M to compete at home against the SWAC’s best team.
Bethune-Cookman @ Grambling (5:30 p.m. CT)
- Grambling State -10.5
- Bethune-Cookman ML (+550)
- Over/under 131.5
- Bethune-Cookman is 4-12 in conference play and won’t make the SWAC postseason tournament.
- Grambling on the other hand is two-games back of first-place in the SWAC West. A lot of work to do but they’ll be ready tonight.
Florida A&M @ Southern (5:30 p.m. CT)
- Southern -17.5
- Florida A&M ML (+1700)
- Over/under 120.5
- Florida A&M is 4-12 in SWAC play this season.
- Southern is 10-5 in the SWAC West and currently 0.5 games ahead of Texas Southern for first-place. They need this win against a bottom-tier squad.
Alcorn State @ Texas Southern (5:30 p.m. CT)
- Texas Southern -15.5
- Alcorn State ML (+1500)
- Over/under 134.5
- Alcorn State is looking ahead to next season already.
- Texas Southern is a 0.5 game back of SWAC West leader – Southern.
#5 Baylor @ #9 Iowa State
- Iowa State -2
- Baylor ML (+120)
- Over/under 144.5
- Iowa just won a share of the Big 10 title. Baylor isn’t going to let the state of Iowa have to conference titles this season are they?
- Iowa State is looking for its first conference regular-season title since 1999-00.
South Dakota @ Western Illinois (6 p.m. CT)
- South Dakota can still tie South Dakota State and get a share of the Summit League regular-season title. Monday’s game with Western Illinois is a make-up game. If USD wins, conference tournament No. 1-seed could come down to tiebreakers.
- WIU is in seventh-place in the conference currently with most likely no way of moving up in those standings.
Abilene Christian @ Lamar (6:30 p.m. CT)
- Lamar PK
- Abilene Christian ML (-110)
- Over/under 125.5
- Both teams should be ready to play as either team could move up in the WAC standings.
- Abilene Christian is trying for Top 4 seed.
- Lamar needs to stay ahead of New Mexico State for the No. 10-seed.
Temple @ SMU (7 p.m.)
- Temple is 7-7 in the AAC with two games left and is currently in fourth-place.
- It’s Senior Night for SMU and they are one spot below Temple in the AAC standings.
San Jose State @ Boise State (7:30 pm)
- Boise State -10.5
- San Jose State ML (+525)
- Over/under 132.5
- Both teams look to be locked in their conference tournament seeds. San Jose State is 1-16 in MWC play and can’t catch any other team with one game remaining.
- Boise State is 4-12 in conference play but it’s Senior Night for the Broncos.
Portland State @ Idaho (8 p.m. CT)
- Idaho -16.5
- Over/under 141.5
- Portland State is winless in Big Sky play with three games left. Even if they go 3-0 in those contests, they won’t catch the team above them – Weber State (6-13).
- Idaho is 0.5 games back of Sac State and Northern Arizona. The Vandals are also 1.5 games back of Montana with three games to play. Montana is 1-1 against Idaho this season and currently in that No. 4-spot in the standings.