Every Monday around 1 p.m., I’ll release my Top 10 ATS teams from the past week.
This week’s Top 10 ATS Teams list is now LIVE:
- Howard: Howard covered 26.5 with its 118-54 win over Regent University but what makes them No. 1 this week is the win over Bradley. The Bison were 12.5-point underdogs and went to Bradley and came away with a 76-64 victory. They were +359 on the money line against the Braves.
- UC San Diego: Howard is No. 1 this week because they made me money. I should’ve put money on UC San Diego to win straight up over California but I failed to do that. The Tritons were +700 on the money line against the Golden Bears on Tueday and won 80-67. They were then +110 on the money line against George Washington – a team that took Maryland to the wire but UC San Diego didn’t back down from the challenge and not only covered +2 but won outright again.
- Alcorn State: The Braves are 0-3 but they covered in all three games last week. I don’t care if Alcorn State goes winless this season as long as they get me the cover, I’m happy.
- George Mason: These guys are smashing the number. They were 4.5-point favorites to Stony Brook and won by 18. Three days later they played Pennsylvania as 8-point favorites and won 87-66. On Sunday, the Patriots kept the streak alive with a 37-point win over Morgan State as 10.5-point favorites.
- Alabama State: Much like Alcorn State, Alabama State is also 0-3 this season. The Hornets were 25.5-point underdogs (+1279 ML) to open the season on Tuesday and lost by five to Western Kentucky. Alabama State lost to Vanderbilt 91-72 but covered the 25.5 and on Saturday the Hornets lost to Missouri State 78-50 but cashed all the +25 tickets.
- Wagner: Wagner was a double-digit dog against WVU and won by 14 over the Rams on Saturday. The Seahawks also covered the 4.5-point spread against Hardford on Tuesday with a 77-59 win. The under also hit in both games.
- Minnesota: The Gophers are just flat out getting it done. They were favored by 6.5-points against Kansas City and 2.5-point favorites against Princeton on Sunday. Both games they covered and on Friday they were +120 on the money line against WKU and won 73-69. Nothing too sexy but they are one of four teams to start the season 3-0 against the spread.
- LSU: LSU dominated its two opponents last week with easy covers over LA Monroe and Texas State. The Tigers have the third highest ATS +/- this season (+26.8).
- Wyoming: I owe Wyoming an apology. I planned to add Wyoming -24.5 to my card on Sunday but chickened out because I thought Arkansas-Pine Bluff could cover that spread. The Golden Lions covered two 30-point plus spreads early in the week. The Cowboys were 24.5-point favorites over A-PB yesterday but that number could’ve been 39 and Wyoming still would’ve gotten the cover.
- Seton Hall: Seton Hall has scored 93 points on Wednesday and 80 points on Sunday and yet both unders hit. The Pirates opened the season as 27-point favorites to Fairleigh Dickinson and won 93-49. Three days later Seton Hall dominated Yale by 36 points to cash the -11.5 ticket. I still can’t believe I bet on Yale. Gross.